"I am indeed but a wanderer, a pilgrim on earth. But are you anything more?" - Goethe
"There is no foreign land; it is the traveller that is foreign." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Starting on April 30, 2011, I departed Texas on a Greyhound Bus for Florida to begin an adventure on the open waters
of the Gulf of Mexico and beyond. This blog is an account of my journey and a way for my family and friends to follow along.

Mission complete: Safely landed in Texas on June 26, 2013

To follow along and get updates, enter your e-mail in the box to the right.

Friday, May 11, 2012

News Break - Atlantic Crossing

Sorry for the back to back posts but I am pressed for time and not nearly caught up on the blog yet.  Still more exciting stories to tell before I get everyone to the present.  However, I am shipping out tomorrow from St Martin to cross the Atlantic.  I am sailing on the 53 foot Hallberg-Rassy pictured below:

S.V New Dawn
On board is our experienced Danish captain and 2 young Swedish guys who have been sailing the Caribbean this last year.  We have stocked up on supplies, probably enough to last for two crossings.

3 shopping carts and two car trips later, we had it all on board
 I plan to have my Spot Tracker on for the entire trip so if you want to see where I am, you can click on my Spot Tracker link on the right.

As for St Martin, about the only thing that is fun to do here is watch the planes land and take off as they blast tourists off the beach and being cautious around town so you don't get robbed.

Comin' in hot

This is the blast zone where jumbo jets count for 50% of the lost sunglasses on the island
Just wanted to make this a quick one and let ya'll know where I am at and what I am currently up to.  I will have plenty of time to get blog caught up during the hopefully 3 week passage to the Azores.  Talk to you on the other side.



Cheers,
Jb

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jay - saw the jetwash area in a viral video with girl doing a face-plant on the curb after losing her grip on the rail/fence but didn't know where it was. Did you experience a direct blast?

    ReplyDelete